Facts About Covid-19
Short Overview on Covid 19:
Symptoms of Covid-19 (Corona Virus Disease):
- Conjunctivitis (pink eyes)
- Loss of taste or smell
- Aches and Pains
- Sore throat
- Skin disorders / infections like, discolouration of fingers or toes and rash on skin
- Chest pain
- Loss of speech or movement
- Difficulty in breathing or shortness of breath
- Severe chest pain or pressure
- Liver disease
- Down syndrome
- High blood pressure
- Chronic kidney disease
- Substance use disorders
- Type 1 or type 2 diabetes
- Sickle cell disease or thalassemia
- Brain and nervous system conditions
- Overweight, obesity or severe obesity
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Weakened immune system from solid organ transplants
- Chronic lung diseases such as cystic fibrosis or pulmonary fibrosis
- Weakened immune system from bone marrow transplant, HIV or some medications
- Serious heart diseases, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathy
Note: This list is not inclusive of all medical conditions that may increase the risk of serious illness from Covid 19 (corona virus disease). Other underlying medical conditions may also increase the risk of serious illness.
Prevention of Covid-19 (corona virus disease):
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, or clean them with alcohol-based sanitiser.
- Always wear your clean and hygiene masks.
- Maintain at least one metre distance between you and people sneezing or coughing.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Stay home if you feel unwell or tired.
- Practice distancing by stopping unnecessary travel and staying away from large groups of people.
- Refrain from smoking and all other activities that weaken your lungs.
When to consult a doctor:
Thanks for reading this blog